Surveys in Sent folder dissapearing

06-27-2023 06:43 PM
snowflake
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am curious if it is possible to disable auto-deletion of sent surveys?
We noticed sent surveys keep disappearing, but we want to keep them on the device and have the freedom to edit them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

The Survey123 Sent folder can be disabled by the survey author. It's likely that this has happened.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/faq/faqgetanswers.htm#anchor11

I'm not aware of anything that will otherwise 'delete' sent surveys.

If the Inbox is enabled, use that, as that will pull the record back down. You shouldn't have both the sent and inbox folders enabled.

fklotz
by
Occasional Contributor

As far as I know there shouldn't be an auto-deletion of sent surveys unless the inbox is enabled as a survey response can only exist in one folder at a time. I would suggest that the users 'fix' their database. On their device they can click the upper right corner to open the menu, then 'Settings' --> 'Storage' --> 'Fix Database'.  

fklotz_1-1687960712982.png

Also, we have seen a few instances where survey responses were not be visible in Survey123. We found that enabling the overview folder has helped to find survey responses which are otherwise 'missing' from the drafts and sent folder. The "enable the overview folder" option in Survey123 Connect is under the 'Options' --> 'General' section.  See more info here: Publish a survey—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

fklotz_0-1687960687070.png

Farley
0 Kudos