Survey123: Send Error - Layer 'XYZ' not found in the feature service

Jump to solution
10-29-2018 08:27 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey123 survey which has been working well up until yesterday. 

I did a major audit of our groups, permissions, feature layer and table names etc.

I seemed to have gotten away with it without any issues until this one reared its head. 

A fieldworker has reported and sent through this screenshot when they try to submit a survey form each time:

I am thinking I must have either:

a) removed a permission setting so he can no longer submit edits, or

b) renamed a feature layer, or table etc that this form needs to send data to.

Is there a way I can get more information as to what it is looking for?

I see it is wanting to send data to Council_Bin_Audits. Is this talking about a feature layer? Like this highlighted area:

Or is it referring to this area:

I am thinking it is the latter. 

NOTE: The latter is something I modified the other day (the day the survey stopped submitting correctly), and just now renamed to be 'Council_Bin_Audits'. But renaming it back to this has not fixed the issue. The survey is still throwing this same error.

Is it possible for me to get this survey working again? Or do I have to restart? I am hoping I can get this working again! 

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenVan_Kesteren1

man this was a simple answer I should have though of earlier... I signed out of the mobile device (both mine and the outdoor staff members), restarted both our devices, signed back into survey123 and both our devices uploaded the data without any issues... *slaps forehead*

IT Crowd - Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again? - YouTube 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BenVan_Kesteren1

man this was a simple answer I should have though of earlier... I signed out of the mobile device (both mine and the outdoor staff members), restarted both our devices, signed back into survey123 and both our devices uploaded the data without any issues... *slaps forehead*

IT Crowd - Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again? - YouTube 

RyanMiller11
New Contributor II

I just had the same thing happen on v 3.12.  Logging out, closing app and restarting the device solved the issue.  Had spent about 2 hours troubleshooting similar steps as yourself.  I love Esri software.  It's the best.

BenVan_Kesteren1

I just want to add a note to others that may be wondering, I have since gone back and renamed the Layer from Council_Bin_Audits to bin_content_audit_data and I have since been able to submit survey forms with no issues. So renaming the layer does not kill survey forms (I was thinking this was the case, as this was the only survey form that had broken, and I had renamed a few).

0 Kudos