Error converting XLSForm [Errno 2]

09-01-2022 11:56 AM
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

@IsmaelChivite 

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/survey123-form-converter/outputs/xls2xform/_requestId_/' with the name of the survey.xlsx.xml

This is occurring when the XLSForm is saved. It will get to the converting stage, then fail. Sometimes if I press save again, sometimes it'll error several times in a row. It's consistently intermittent (if that's such a thing). I can usually get it to save if I'm persistent, but when doing development on a big survey where I need to see the changes I've been making in the survey, it's becoming annoying and time consuming. I've searched and can't seem to find any related questions/posts. Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing this? I've even created a new survey and used my XLS document in the new survey and get the same results. Publishing the survey succeeds. 

I'm at a bit of a loss...
Thanks for any help.

9 Replies
Alena
by
New Contributor III
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

Ah... Misery loves company! Thanks, I subscribed to your post as well.
It seems to be better this afternoon. It must be an api issue.

0 Kudos
AllanBrown
New Contributor II

I have the same problem. 

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Just started seeing the same issue myself. A form that was saving fine yesterday is getting errors this morning.  Yet if I hit save a second time it saves without errors.

0 Kudos
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

For those in this thread... A suggestion was to try and clear up bloat in your excel file. I found that in my xlsx file, I had columns that were formatted with their column number, perhaps an artifact of a previous copy/paste or something along those lines.... I simply selected all the cells that were not being used and deleted them. It seems to have helped.

0 Kudos
BillSimper
New Contributor III

I'm having this problem too. The only survey that is causing it makes extensive use of 'linked content' specifically CSV files uploaded to ArcGIS Online and used for choice lists using the select_one_from_file field type.

0 Kudos
Noushinad60
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Rather than click on save in XLSForm. Click on update on the survey.

Noushinad60_0-1666040335953.png

I hope that works for you.

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Same problem with 3.14.281...Error converting XLSForm [Errno 2]

errorSurvey123.png

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same issue with a few surveys. Any Answers for this? The "use update in connect instead of save in Excel" didn't solve the issue.

Thanks!

@ANRGIS 

0 Kudos