QuickCapture App - Allow free public data collection for EA customers

06-21-2022 12:31 PM
Labels (1)
jasonheyman
New Contributor III

license structure for QuickCapture does not allow public data collection, so we are now required to buy another package (hub premium $5,000) to enable public engagement. We are already in an Enterprise Agreement with ESRI, so my request is to open quick capture up for public data collection for EA licenses with no additional fee.

4 Comments
Mandy_Li
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @jasonheyman, which enterprise portal version is your organization on? What you mentioned is probably an issue we had with the embedded QuickCapture Designer on 10.9 and 10.8.1. You should share QuickCapture projects publicly on Enterprise environment, so one workaround is t go to  https://www.arcgis.com/apps/quickcapture/ and choose 'Sign in with ArcGIS Enterprise' option, enter your portal URL and sign in, then you should be able to share project to the public within the Designer. Another workaround is to share the QuickCapture project item and the feature layers to public directly from your Content. Let me know if this works for you and if you have any other questions.

Mandy_Li
Status changed to: Open

jasonheyman

This does not work at least on AGOL, it requires a license to collect data regardless of data being set to public data collection. If it is permitted using Portal, I don't have much of an issue getting that created, but it is my understanding again, that it is not permitted.

Can you clarify if this is a permitted use?

Mandy_Li

@jasonheyman It does require a license to use ArcGIS QuickCapture, see requirements, My response above might be a little misleading now as I assume that you already have a QuickCapture license, or the Field Apps Bundle? I'm not familiar with the EA package details, I think it's best that you reach out to our Support team regarding your licensing question.