Using Experience Builder Timeline Widget on Web Scene/Scene Layer

08-23-2022 04:48 AM
IzzyMcLees
New Contributor II

I have a number of web scene layers published in ArcGIS Online with associated hosted feature layers. These hosted feature layers have a date field and are time enabled.

I am trying to use the Timeline widget in Experience Builder. I am able to connect the timeline widget to the hosted feature layer but this is not connected/visualised in the web scene and I cannot see how the data changes over time.

Is it possible to visualise how web scene change over time using the timeline widget on experience builder?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is currently not possible. The time extent info is not present on the scene layer and is not time aware for the time slider widget.

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

To add on to what Russell said is time enabled Scene Layers are currently on the ArcGIS Pro roadmap for the 3.1 release.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-documents/arcgis-pro-roadmap-july-2022/ta-p/1187498 

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
3DMS
by
New Contributor II

Hello Andrew Johnson,

as it is now possible to time-enable Scene Layers: should it now be possible to use the timeline widget in a WebExperience, which is based on a webscene?

In my opinion, this is not possible as i can only choose a Feature Layer, WebMap or MapService.

In ArcGIS Pro, timeslider is working with SceneLayers.

We basically want to filter 3D Building Data over time as some attributes are changing over time. How would we accomplish that in WebServices as of now?

Thank you for clarifying!

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately scene layers are not listed as a supported layer type with this widget https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/timeline-widget.htm 

I'd recommend submitting an ArcGIS Idea so the Experience Builder team can prioritize adding support for this.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
mazzouzi
New Contributor II

Hi, is there any news about this