Having trouble configuring Public Notification Widget in Web AppBuilder

02-12-2018 11:17 AM
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to use the Public Configuration widget in Web AppBuilder on ArcGIS online. I created a web map that contains a map service layer with our county parcels, and then created a Web AppBuilder app from that map. I added the Public Notification widget but when I click on it, it says "No layers with addresses templates popups have been configured". When I go into the configuration no layers show up under the "Address Layers" tab. 

I have configured the popups for the parcels layer with the following expression:

{relationships/0/FULLNAME}
{relationships/0/MAILINGADDRESS}
{relationships/0/CITY}, {relationships/0/STATE}, {relationships/0/ZIPCODE}

This seems to match the screenshot that is in the documentation for the widget but the documentation is pretty vague on how to configure the layer for use with the Mailing notification widget. 

What do I need to do to get the configure the feature layer so that it is usable with the Public Notification Widget?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

One or more layers in your web map have to have their popup enabled with a description then you will see that layer as a choice in the Address Layers list.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Robert, 

The popups are enabled for the feature layer. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

But the popups have to use the description part of the popup.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

What do you mean by "the description part of the popup"? I have the popup set to display "A custom attribute display" like it shows in the documentation. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

After you chose the "A custom attribute display" dropdown option did you click on the green configure button and add some fields to the description text area?

Occasional Contributor

Yes, that is the expression that I posted in my original post above. 

{relationships/0/FULLNAME}
{relationships/0/MAILINGADDRESS}
{relationships/0/CITY}, {relationships/0/STATE}, {relationships/0/ZIPCODE}

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange. Have you tried it with attributes from the layer itself and not a relationship? I have it working without using a relate.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I just tried that and it still shows nothing in the widget. Are you using a Map Server or Feature Server layer?

Edit: I switched to using a Feature service instead of Map Service and it seems to be working now. I guess that was my issue. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mine is coming from a Map Server. Also for testing purposes can you add some static text in with the related table field names?

0 Kudos