New Map Viewer - Hosted Tile Layer Popup

Jump to solution
09-28-2021 09:56 AM
Labels (1)
KeithGanzenmuller
Occasional Contributor II

Having a look at the new map viewer using an existing web map. Web Map has various layers including a hosted tile layer with multiple sublayers. One of the sublayers is parcels and in the Map Viewer Classic I am able to set a popup on the sublayer by adding a url to the popup data.

In the new Map Viewer I don't see the ability to set a popup on the sublayer of a Hosted Tile Layer. 

Anyone know if this is available and I am missing it? Maybe it's a future enhancement? Or perhaps I need to head down another path?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianDudek1
New Contributor III

Put a case into ESRI support today on this. Indicated would proceed to discuss this functionality on the new map viewer with the internal team before further action. @KeithGanzenmuller 

Not sure how folks are coping without this for so long. I haven't transferred to that viewer yet much for a variety of reasons, but I was surprised that it wasn't an option. 

EDIT: Figured a workaround. Must be setup in Classic first. And then it transfers into the new map viewer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrianDudek1
New Contributor III

Put a case into ESRI support today on this. Indicated would proceed to discuss this functionality on the new map viewer with the internal team before further action. @KeithGanzenmuller 

Not sure how folks are coping without this for so long. I haven't transferred to that viewer yet much for a variety of reasons, but I was surprised that it wasn't an option. 

EDIT: Figured a workaround. Must be setup in Classic first. And then it transfers into the new map viewer.

EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

@BrianDudek1 Is this an Idea that can be voted on? We've been tied to Classic for years because we have a number of critical apps that require popups on tile layers. Recently, I keep finding posts that seem to imply that Esri teams aren't considering parity between the new and old versions of their apps because features aren't requested, whereas customers are using features and assuming they'll be available in new versions.

I'd like to register a request for this feature if you know of a place to do it.

Thanks for posting this!

0 Kudos
BrianDudek1
New Contributor III

@EricaCirigliano I assume it doesn't exist, because I didn't find it when searching. Hence why I posted here.  As an enhancement, it is marked as "in-review" to me personally.  However, one could certainly add it to the Ideas page I suppose

EnhancementDetails.PNG

0 Kudos
BrantSollis2
New Contributor III

I am dealing with a very similar problem.  I've tried searching around to if this enhancement request already exists, but I haven't found much yet.  

The workaround that @BrianDudek1 suggests is also what I have been doing for many web apps.  That said, I feel like we really should expect to have this functionality in the "new" Map Viewer at this point.  Locking me into using Map Viewer Classic to edit my popups means that I am losing out on a ton of features and improvments that I love about the new Map Viewer.  

I was just working with Esri support today and their provided solution requires the new map builder, and there doesn't seem to be any way to make it work in Classic.  So, unfortunately, I'm still at a loss for how to address the issue.