Generate Depth Areas

02-25-2021 08:03 PM
CBBiong
New Contributor III

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to compile my ENC in ArcGIS Pro but since the Generate Depth Areas tool is not yet available, I tried opening my geodatabase in ArcMap and do the generation of depth areas there. For some reason, I can't generate any. There are no errors indicated but no features are created. I made sure that I covered the extent with land area and preliminary depth area, I also have my depth contours and soundings. Any leads where I went wrong? Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Hi there!

In addition to the immediate challenge (ArcMap generate DEPARE), I think you may find this webinar recording of interest:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfqZfA493fY  

Please email maritime@esri.com for specific follow-up on this tool.

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

It might be easiest if you provided me a copy of your gdb. I think you have my email, or maybe your local Esri distributor can help you copy the gdb to a file share? 

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

The Generate Depth Areas tool will be released in late October with ArcGIS Pro 2.9. 

S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create Depth Area using "Generate Depth Areas" from Point feature. Steps followed are:

1. Create TIN

2. Delineate TIN Data Area

3. Smooth Bathymetric TIN

4. Surface Contour

5. Generate Depth Areas

But the tool fails without any error message. Am I missing any step?

S6_0-1661168870579.png

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

If you are on the 3.0 release, you need to make sure that all features being used in the Generate Depth Area tool are in the same coordinate system. We have made a change in 3.0.2 that will allow you to use features with different coordinate systems. 

0 Kudos
S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi CraigTGreene,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, all the features are in same coordinate system - yet the tool fails. Any other parameter I should check?

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

It's difficult for me to say without seeing the data. Is it possible for you to provide the data so we can test?

0 Kudos
S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Sure, sending you the sample in private message.

0 Kudos
S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor
Hi,
Did you get a chance to take a look at the sample data I shared?
Kind regards,
Saranya
0 Kudos