Announcing ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt 200.1

04-19-2023 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 0 324

We are pleased to announce 200.1 release of ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt. You can read about the highlights common to all ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Native Apps in the shared ArcGIS Maps SDK blog post and additional details in the 200.1 Release Notes.

Here are a few specific Qt improvements worth highlighting:

• New and improved sketching experience. As mentioned in the shared blog, there is a new sketching tool called GeometryEditor. This class has several of the same base capabilities as SketchEditor, with some notable improvements, including: freehand editing mode, panning the MapView mid-edit, selection cycling, canUndo/canRedo boolean properties, and better multipart geometry support. We look forward to continuing to evolve our geometry editing and sketching capabilities in GeometryEditor.
  • Numerous snippet additions in the developer guide to better support the conceptual topics. 
  • Improved logging of enum values in C++. All C++ enum can now be output to the console using qDebug(), which makes it very simple to quickly debug issues.

qDebug() << e.errorType(); // output: "ErrorType::CommonInvalidArgument"

Please reach out if you have any questions or comments.

-ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt Team

About the Author
I'm a Geographer working in Product Development at Esri, focusing my time on the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. I'm an Esri Certified ArcGIS Desktop Professional (10 years experience working with ArcGIS) with a wide range of technical skills including native application development, spatial databases, desktop/web GIS, and scripting. My Master's degree is in GIS with a focus in Natural Resource Management. Currently, I'm most interested in building cross-platform and lightweight apps using our ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt.