Popups for map services do not work in newer versions of ArcGIS JS API

12-05-2023 04:14 PM
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone else noticed strange behavior with popups in the last several versions of the ArcGIS JavaScript API? It seems to start around version 4.24. (Previous versions would do the popup but without highlighting the feature.)

I’m using ES Modules, built with webpack, and a web map built with the new map viewer.

It seems like map services with more complex symbology don’t show a popup. I’ve checked the web map to ensure popups are enabled and configured. Popups also work in the web map itself. But once brought into a custom web app, the popups don’t always work.

Has anyone else noticed this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I did some further testing with very very minimal apps. It seems like 4.26 is when the popups stopped working for complex symbology in map services (I originally said 4.24). JS 4.24 does still have popups but without highlighting the feature. JS 4.25 has the popup as well as highlighting the feature, which is ideal.

JS 4.26, 4.27, and 4.28 all do not work.

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

f you could provide a repro sample showing the behavior in codepen, github, or stackblitz, we could better debug.

0 Kudos
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

I hope these help.

JS 4.25
https://codepen.io/danielwebb/pen/OJddVwV

JS 4.26
https://codepen.io/danielwebb/pen/oNmmXxy

The Forest Service roads and road centerlines are in a map service. FS are the black and white dotted lines (more complex symbology). The road centerlines have symbology scales set for each road class (so local roads turn off when zoomed too far out, etc).

The blue lines are streams and rivers which are a hosted layer. The popups always seem to work on hosted layers in every version.

(Portal version is 10.9.1)

ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

Passed this on for someone to look at, thanks.