Blinking/flashing/pulsing point symbol in JS API v4x?

2 weeks ago
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

I remember running across some examples of how to display blinking/flashing/pulsing point symbols in the ArcGIS JavaScript API v3.x. I'm currently working on a new map and I want to use the most recent version of JS to ensure the longevity of this map. I've done extensive searches for an example in 4.x but I keep coming up short. The point symbols don't necessarily need to blink, flash or pulse. I'm mostly looking for a way to make single point really stand out in a sea of other densely spaced points. My map already zooms to the point using the 4.x ViewAnimation. Also, the point that satisfies my query is highlighted in default teal selection symbol. But it's still pretty hard to notice on small mobile phone screens - this map will mostly be used on phones. 

I'm open to suggestions. I'm hoping to keep it simple. Including the code to pull this off would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

Using FeatureEffect is a great way to highlight or make your data stand out for your one or more feature(s) using one or more visual effects.  Check out the linked samples in the doc...

0 Kudos