API 4.25 Popup adds a header div that I cannot easily remove

11-10-2022 12:23 PM
brandonellis
New Contributor

We are exploring the 4.25 update for the new .addHandles feature but are running into an unwanted change with the popups. 

A header and footer are being inserted above and below the content and are buried deep in #shadow-root.  The color of the content div has also changed to a lighter gray.  I have tried using the visibleElements settings to no avail.  I am hoping that there is a setting or property that I can edit to prevent these divs.

The only change to the codebase is the new API version. The header and footer can be seen in 4.25Popup image vs. 4.24Popup image.  The location of the offending divs can be seen in the headerInShadowroot image and the visibleElements values in the visibleElements image.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @brandonellis -

I am unable to reproduce the issue you're seeing. Would you be able to provide a simple repro application with your popup template configuration in Codepen so that we can look into this? 

Lauren
0 Kudos
brandonellis
New Contributor

Simple might be difficult.  I will try to reproduce the environment as best I can when I get back to troubleshooting that aspect.

0 Kudos
JustinKirtz1
New Contributor III

@LaurenBoyd 

I'm getting this same issue as well:

JustinKirtz1_1-1668701930031.png

I'm not sure if I can make a codepen sample but my setup is pretty straightforward. The popups are set up in the map in Portal.

JustinKirtz1_3-1668702019054.png

In the code I just have this:

JustinKirtz1_2-1668701986452.png

I haven't changed anything else in my code/the map other than switching to 4.25.

GIS Supervisor for Greenville Water
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

@JustinKirtz1 is your webmap configured in ArcGIS Enterprise? If so, which version are you using? I attempted to create a webmap with a text popup element configured in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're seeing.

Did you make sure you are referencing the 4.25 style sheet in your application?

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://js.arcgis.com/4.25/esri/themes/light/main.css" />

Lauren
0 Kudos
JustinKirtz1
New Contributor III

@LaurenBoyd 

Yes, it is configured in Enterprise. We are in 10.9.1. Yes, I'm referencing the 4.25 stylesheet. 

JustinKirtz1_0-1668776572292.png

I'm getting the same issue in our map deployed in ArcGIS online as well. My development environment points to a map in ArcGIS Online, our production app points to a map in Enterprise version 10.9.1. Both of them have this issue:

ArcGIS Online Map: 

JustinKirtz1_1-1668779381192.png

ArcEnterprise:

JustinKirtz1_2-1668779405874.png

0 Kudos
Solvi
by
New Contributor

Hi

I got this same issue after updating to 4.25 from 4.23.

I was using Calcite components version 1.0.0-beta.52 in the same project. Updating to version 1.0.0-beta.95 fixed this issue.

Regards,

Solvi Thor

JustinKirtz1
New Contributor III

That fixed it for me as well, ESRI needs to do a better job of documenting stuff like this. 

0 Kudos