Zone Lookup not working.

Jump to solution
01-10-2023 10:39 AM
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I created a zone lookup for water customers to see if they are provided water by us, but now its not working. Anyone else having issues with this function? It worked when it was created.

Linked to instant app: https://coadwm.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=875c535003a049f38cb5f834710830dd

0 Kudos
18 Replies
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I am not sure what you are asking me to do.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. I was asking if you could make a new instant app  using the Media app. When you create it see if the search experience hangs and if it does not please publish the app, share it to the public and then share the link. 

0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

At least this time I was able to open the Search settings, but then it froze up and I recieved errors. I tested using a different map and still got same behavior.

GISManager4_0-1673445864131.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We may have a bug in the search configuration experience in cases where the World Locator isn't available. Do you know if this locator was recently deleted from the org? Can you test re-adding it to your organization locators and see if you are able to configure the search once that is done? 

0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I added ArcGIS World Geocoding Service.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 131601.JPG

I opened a new tab for Instant Apps, went to the Address Lookup, and when I tired to open Search Settings, it froze up again. Do I need to delete the Metro Atlanta Locator? How will this change effect our other apps and maps that use the Metro Atlanta Locator (none of those are having issues.)

GISManager4
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISManager4 ,

Looks like there is an issue with Nearby, Zone Lookup and Sidebar having a custom locator as the only locator service in the org. I was able to reproduce the behavior on my end when I was testing. The team is going to look into the issue.

As a workaround, I think you will need to have the ArcGIS World geocoding service added as a locator in the organization. Then in the app add the custom locator using the search configuration. As for the apps you have already created that are experiencing the issue, I haven't come across a way to get them up and running again so the best way forward is to create a new app and add the custom locator  in the search configuration settings. 

2023-01-12_10-57-51.png

2023-01-12_10-57-44.png

Thanks!

Sarah

GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I was able to follow your directions and succesfully configured the ArcGIS World Locator.

0 Kudos
GISAdminStPaul
New Contributor II

For existing apps:

I had this happen too with 2 zone lookups. Nothing had changed with the apps or services, they just stopped working. My fix, for EXISTING apps, was to open the app config search tab, add the whole Esri World Locator (we were using a geocoder view that we created to limit the extent), and re-publish the app. I was even then able to go back in and REMOVE the entire Esri world locator, keeping the limited geocoding view still there, and re-publish again, and now they work.

Keep in mind we had the ArcGIS World locator registered as part of our Org the entire time. this seemed to be more app specific.

0 Kudos