Stuck in AGOL Account

Jump to solution
02-12-2024 06:29 AM
Labels (1)
Jennifer_Parmeley
New Contributor III

My organization is experimenting with ArcGIS for Power BI. 

We are having some login issues related to our enterprise portal, so I logged into my personal AGOL account. 

Now I'm stuck in my personal AGOL account. How do I switch out of this?
I know the "switch account" is supposed to be a link, but in this case it isn't. 
I've tried closing Power BI, I left it sit over the weekend (our organization restarts machines nightly - so it's been restarted 3 times), I've tried adding data and I've tried without data. 

How do I switch accounts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jennifer_Parmeley,

Could you please click Switch account on the visual and log in with your Enterprise account on your page 3? And then tab back to your original report page. Then you should be able to sign out your ArcGIS Online account and switch to Enterprise on your original report page.

NaZhang_Esri_0-1707763758026.png

Also, I noticed that you were using old version of Power BI Desktop from your screenshot. Please make sure to update to the latest version of Power BI. You will see something like this when you switch account after upgrading. 

NaZhang_Esri_1-1707765018934.png

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jennifer_Parmeley,

Thanks for playing around ArcGIS for Power BI and thanks for your question!  Please check out this FAQ blog post with more information. Also, please reference this comment with the steps. Let me know if you have more questions! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
New Contributor III

Hi - thank you for trying to help!

Related to the FAQ
When I create a new visual it is already signed in with the AGOL account that is stuck.
Here I asked the top visual to map by county (it's been spinning for a while now). I created a new visual below that and it is automatically signed in. 
(PowerBIlogin2)

Related to the comment. 
I've added pages, created visuals, and it is still using my AGOL account.
(PowerBIlogin3)

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jennifer_Parmeley,

Could you please click Switch account on the visual and log in with your Enterprise account on your page 3? And then tab back to your original report page. Then you should be able to sign out your ArcGIS Online account and switch to Enterprise on your original report page.

NaZhang_Esri_0-1707763758026.png

Also, I noticed that you were using old version of Power BI Desktop from your screenshot. Please make sure to update to the latest version of Power BI. You will see something like this when you switch account after upgrading. 

NaZhang_Esri_1-1707765018934.png

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
New Contributor III

Thank you and upgrade fixed this sign in/out issue.

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

I'm glad it works. Please always make sure to upgrade to the latest Power BI desktop version to ensure things are working as expected (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update?tabs=powerbi-desktop). If it's still not working, please clear the cache. 😊

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
New Contributor III

As I mentioned in my original post - the switch account link is not available. I know it looks blue, like a working link, but there is not an option to click on it. 

I do not have control over what version is installed. I can ask that they upgrade, but they did the original install 6 days ago.

0 Kudos