Order for Reference Layers in the ESRI Map

03-04-2024 04:34 AM
Labels (1)
count_cake
New Contributor II

Hello there,

we're using the ESRI Map in Power BI to visualise sales in a number of zipcodes accross Germany. We wanted to add a Reference Layer to the Map, which outlines our different sales-areas (basically each is a collection of some zipcodes).

First it looks great but once we change some of the filters regarding the data, the Reference Layer vanishes into the background BEHIND our data. So now we can not see the borders any longer. 

Is there a way to define the order of reference and data layers? If I use a point layer it is always infront of the data. Not so for our polygon layer.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @count_cake,

Thanks for your question! The reason why point layer is set to default top of line and polygon layers is to avoid those layers may cover points layer. If I understand correctly, could you try dragging the reference layer above the Power BI data layer?

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
count_cake
New Contributor II

Hey there,

thanks for your reply. I can change the order but everytime I use a slicer to change the displayed data, the reference layer drops behind the data layer and becomes invisible again.

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Ah I see. We have fixed this issue but haven't push it out. You should be able to see the fix for the next release (Pre 2024 Esri User Conference).  Apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience. 😊

0 Kudos
count_cake
New Contributor II

That is awesome news! So what ever order of reference and data layers I have will stay in place no matter what I do in my power bi report (slicers, bookmarks, etc.), correct?

0 Kudos