I would like to embed the charts and graphs individually an ArcGIS story map, but only use one slicer/filter at the top of the page.

07-22-2022 12:01 PM
JafarDzhabarov
New Contributor

I'm trying to integrate single Power BI report with multiple pages into an ArcGIS Story Map for a project that I'm working on which uses data for all cities proper in Pennsylvania. I made some interactive dashboards and charts in the report, and users can select a specific city using the slicer to filter all 7 charts.

I would like to embed the charts and graphs individually into an ArcGIS story map, but only use one slicer/filter at the top of the page. The problem I face is when embedding all 7 charts, slicer only filters the chart its embedded with and doesn't filter other charts like how it does in Power BI.  

Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

This is more about how a Power BI embed works, and not necessarily about the map visual we develop. I would check out the Microsoft documentation on Publish to Web, to see if there is a way to preserve the different filters you want. I'd assume there's some sort of URL parameter to handle it. The other option might be to just make multiple reports, each one represents your desired default. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos