Building a map for Power BI to illustrate small area boundaries up to regional boundaries

03-04-2024 09:17 AM
Labels (1)
PeteMurray
New Contributor

I'm trying to build a map based on available data for small area boundaries. I'd like to group the small areas to build a layer representing territories that my organisation uses and ultimately have a map that has regional boundaries, comprised of several sub-layers of smaller territory boundaries that I can load onto Power BI as an interactive map that users can drill down into. The regional layers I'm trying to build are not available via any source I can find and I have to build this myself by using the available boundaries of the smallest territory- I've tried to "dissolve" boundaries to make the new layers, but so far I've not been sucessful.

Can anyone explain how I could build the regional and sub regional layers using a small are boundary as a building block? secondly can I export the layered map onto Power BI and use it as a tool to drill down through?

Looking forward to building my mapping knowledge, and I'd appreicate your thoughts

Pete

0 Kudos
0 Replies