How to allow users to create text boxes

Jump to solution
01-09-2024 02:54 PM
AliciaMcMurchie1
New Contributor III

I've created an Experience with a web map, on which Editor-type users would like to create customizable text boxes on top of that web map. Is this functionality available? I've tried the following:

Are there workaround or solutions I haven't mentioned, either in Experience builder or Web App Builder?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Currently there is the @RobertScheitlin__GISP Draw widget that does support text and has at least some of those editing options. At least, the text can be sized and rotated before it is placed. It can be used in Developer Edition or it could be hosted for use in Enterprise 11.

Text support is scheduled to be added to the default Draw widget sometime this year.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Currently there is the @RobertScheitlin__GISP Draw widget that does support text and has at least some of those editing options. At least, the text can be sized and rotated before it is placed. It can be used in Developer Edition or it could be hosted for use in Enterprise 11.

Text support is scheduled to be added to the default Draw widget sometime this year.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AliciaMcMurchie1
New Contributor III

Thank you! Unfortunately, it looks like that won't satisfy the requirements of our users, but it's good to know that it is available. 

0 Kudos