Author not printing (blank) on a pdf printout from Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1

06-20-2023 11:07 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello GIS friends, good afternoon!

From the time I upgraded to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 pdf printouts from Web AppBuilder is not printing 'Author'. Please see attachment. 'Author' is coming out blank. It prints from Web Map, but not from Web AppBuilder. We've had Web AppBuilder, if my memory serves me right for at least 6 year now if not longer, and we never had an issue where the 'Author' would not print. It has always printed for us. Back then, for a few years we even had a standalone GIS Server yet we never had a problem where 'Author' would not print from a Web AppBuilder pdf. Is anyone having this issue since upgrading to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1? 

Now, when I talk to Esri they say the Author never printed. That it was always an issue. That it always came out blank. They say there was an enhancement logged for it. Well, if there was an enhancement logged for it in the days of ArcGIS Enterprise 10. How come it is still not enhanced?

More importantly and most certainly, 'Author' for us always printed. We never had a problem. It always worked for us. Never had a problem where 'Author' was not printing until we upgraded to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1.

Friends, please let me know what you all are experiencing and if there is a workaround.

Thank you,
Abi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@AbiDhakal 

It prints from Web Map, but not from Web AppBuilder

Would you mind clarify this a bit?

Also, pls check the value for webmap_as_json parameter that gets sent to the print service. That is a json. Look for layoutOptions in that json. Inside that element, check if author element exists in there and what is the value that gets passed on.

You can do a comparison between the app where it and and where it does not. That might shed some lights.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoque

Please see attached. I have sent you json parameter from the layout if that is what you are looking for, and I have also sent you printouts from both Web Map and Web AppBuilder. I do not know how to check the value for webmap_as_json. If you can please send me the steps I can do that and send it to you.
I also didn't understand the comparison you mention between the apps. Please be more specific and detailed so I can send you that information as well.
For additional information you can contact my tech support. Here is the case number: 03356706

Thank you for your interest in trying to help me resolve this issue.
Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

@TanuHoquethank you for showing interest in helping me out. My tech support was finally able to show me a work around and we have it resolved now.
Resolution: Create two separate text boxes, one that includes the constant text "Author:" and one that includes the dynamic text, to be able to print both.

Thank you again,
Abi

0 Kudos