Work Around suggestions for 'unable to export infographic to pdf'

06-13-2018 09:29 AM
JackBoyd
New Contributor III

We logged an issue we have when exporting an infographic to pdf when it contains a map.  Printing an infographic causes the same error.  The issue is intermittent and was logged by support as a bug on May 21, 2018 ( #BUG-000114167).  Our work around requires screen captures of the infographic pages and re-creating an output file for printing. We have also exported the infographic without a map and edited the map back in.  This has stalled our roll-out since not all users have the savvy to do the editing required.  Any suggestions are welcome. 

11 Replies
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reporting this issue and explaining the challenge it is causing for your roll out.

We are investigating this bug and will keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you,
Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Hi Jack,

Our apologies for the delayed response, but we just realized that we had not gotten back with you on the Infographic export to PDF issue.  The problem you experienced exporting an Infographic with a map should be resolved.  Please let us know if you are still having problems with the export to PDF.

Thank you,

Donna Buhr

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

deleted-user-JVpgF2XzWoGH
New Contributor

I am encountering this issue currently. I cannot export a JPG or PDF with a map in the infographic. What should I do? 

KatieMigaFFX
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue when exporting an infographic to a pdf (See image).

FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Stephanie and Katherine,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Please help me with the following information so I can troubleshoot this issue. 

1. Which browser and version are you using?

2. Do you know which map (basemap) is included in your infographics template?

3. Can you download the specific infographic templates that are failing to export to PDF/Image and send me the .brpt files?

Thanks,

Fasil T.

Business Analyst Team

KatieMigaFFX
New Contributor III

Hi Fasil,

Answers to your questions are below. Thanks!

1. Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2. Topographic Vector

3. See attached

FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks, Catherine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your specific issue is that the Topographic vector basemap in your template is not showing up correctly when exported to PDF or Image, right? If yes, I was able to reproduce the issue as follows:

The good news is that we already identified this issue and fixed it in our next release which is coming out in a couple of weeks (around the first week of October). As you can see below, the Topographic vector basemap layers are exporting fine in that version of Business Analyst Web App.

Sorry for the inconvenience again, but would you be able to replace your topographic vector basemap with the raster version in the meantime?

Thanks,

Fasil T.

Business Analyst Team

KatieMigaFFX
New Contributor III

Yep, the first image is the problem I've been having. Good to know that it will be fixed in the next update. I can change the basemap for any pdf infographics I need in the meantime.

Thank you!

Bryan_Chandler
New Contributor II

I just ran into this problem and found that the symbology was causing the issue.  Simplified the symbology on the layer I was using the Near Table and updated the map to reference the new layer.  All seems to be working now so wanted to share what worked for me.

0 Kudos