Finding spatial relationships for Line features

08-09-2010 09:55 AM
JeffNemecek
New Contributor
I have a line feature with a specific attribute that should intersect the same Feature class on both endpoints.  The features touching the endpoints of the feature I am searching for do not have to share the same attribute coding.  What, if there exists one, spatial relation check can I run in the PLTS GisDataReviewer "Geometry on Geometry" check that will find spatial relations that do not exist for endpoints of a line feature?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmberBethell
Esri Contributor
I got a little confused as I tried to interpret your scenario. 

On your graphic, the items circled in red say "Features that do not touch the interior (a non-endpoint) of a feature..."  If that is the case you can try the custom relation option with Geometry on Geometry and enter ***T*****.  This relation looks for when the boundary (end of line) touches the interior of the line it is being compared to.  To search for those that don't intersect the interior you can use the not checkbox with this relation.

The text you posted made the scenario sound a little different.  Are you also wanting to know when one endpoint touches a feature and the other endpoint does not touch anything else?
0 Kudos