Set Target Location Not able to Setup

05-15-2013 10:05 PM
Labels (1)
RajatChopra
New Contributor
Hello,

MY issue with arc hydro is its intial step in which we need to set up the Raster and Vector Location, Whenever I try doing that and after that if I perform some function on DEM like Fill SINK it gives me COM Error:- 10006 Something like this.
Could anyone help me up in setting up target location, so that i can process further
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Under ApUtilities>Addtional Utilities there is a Reset Target Locations function. Try that.

Also, see the link below my signature. These are tips I have collected motivated by my own trials and errors.
0 Kudos
RajatChopra
New Contributor
Under ApUtilities>Addtional Utilities there is a Reset Target Locations function. Try that.

Also, see the link below my signature. These are tips I have collected motivated by my own trials and errors.

I triedthat..but after using Target Reset Option.Arc HYdro resets the back to deafult in C: drive temp folder. which always gives error of data frame missing if i save then close and reopen the same .mxd file.

Please suggest, as i went through the thread under your signature, but still issue remains
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
When I start a project, I open a new mxd, load in a base layer with the coordinate system I want and save it. Then I load the dem and agreestream layers as well as inner and outer wall layers I will use.

At this point, when I perform the Arc Hydro tasks, the target locations are automatically set. If I move the mxd and layers to another folder then I need to reset the target locations. (I now do my work on my C: drive, off the network, because I don't get as many errors.) The dem, agree streams and wall layers are the basis of the Arc Hydro work. (There could be others that I don't typically use like lakes/water bodies.) If these are the same, the results should be the same.

So there have been a few times where I've had problems with the target locations and simply started a new mxd added these basic layers and let Arc Hydro set the new target locations.

I found an old thread where the solution included renaming the normal.mxd and letting Arc Map create a new normal.mxd. http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/16059-Setting-Target-Locations-ArcCatalog.

I just posted some guidlines on target locations to see if others agree on my understanding. You can find there at this link.
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/84833-Setting-Target-Locations
0 Kudos