Turn off automatic stretch when opening raster?

04-26-2013 12:43 AM
GeospatialTechnology
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

Whenever I open an aerial image in arcgis a stretch is automatically applied in the raster symbology.

How do I stop this from happening?

In the raster layer properties symbology tab I want the stretch type to always display as 'None' and for no 'Gamma Statistics to be applied'
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Mark,

Go to Customize > ArcMap Options > Raster tab > Raster Layer sub tab and set the default to None.  Also see this two part blog on this exact topic.

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/09/19/stop-stretching-my-imagery-please-part-1/

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/09/26/stop-stretching-my-imagery-please-part-2/

You can also check out the help topic, "Setting default raster display options" which documents this as well.

Best,
Eric
0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Eric

Is there any way to controlling it by setting a Mosaic Dataset properties?
If the manager thinks that the default stretch is not so good s/he cannot go into each user machine and change it.
More than that �?? some other rasters might be better with the default stretch but not all of them.

Thanks
Mody
0 Kudos
GeospatialTechnology
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the help erictrice
0 Kudos
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Eric

Is there any way to controlling it by setting a Mosaic Dataset properties?
If the manager thinks that the default stretch is not so good s/he cannot go into each user machine and change it.
More than that �?? some other rasters might be better with the default stretch but not all of them.

Thanks
Mody

Did you read part 2 of the blog I linked to?  Check that out and let me know if you still have questions.

Best,
Eric
0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Eric

Thanks, that what I was looking for. My understanding was that this is client setting - I was wrog.

Mody
0 Kudos