Import/Export XML Workspace Document Gayed Out

07-30-2012 04:30 AM
JamesKelly1
New Contributor
When I right click on a file geodatabase in ArcCatalog both import and export XML Workspace Document are grayed out.  I'm using an ArcInfo License so Im not sure why this is.  Any ideas?

J. Kelly
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
Try double clicking to open the File Geodatabase and then right click on it to access the menu.
0 Kudos
JamesKelly1
New Contributor
Thank you for your response.  That works for exporting but there is not an option to import once you double click to open the geodatabase.  This issue is recent because I imported and exported XML workspace documents fine previously but the tool has been disabled for some reason.  I only have this problem in Arc 10 too.  We have a workstation still running 9.3 and the import and export works fine.

J. Kelly
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for your response.  That works for exporting but there is not an option to import once you double click to open the geodatabase.  This issue is recent because I imported and exported XML workspace documents fine previously but the tool has been disabled for some reason.  I only have this problem in Arc 10 too.  We have a workstation still running 9.3 and the import and export works fine.

J. Kelly

You should see an Import pull-right at the bottom of which is an option for an XML Workspace Document.  If you don't, something may be wrong with your installation and you might need to re-install.  If you're not sure how to proceed, I'd recommend contacting Technical Support.
0 Kudos