Select to view content in your preferred language

Oracle Express 11g support

12-22-2011 03:39 AM
MarcHoogerwerf
Frequent Contributor
At beta 2 I get a "Version not supported" error when trying to enable Geodatabase on a connection to an 11g XE instance. At beta 1 this worked just fine. Won't XE11g be supported on 10.1?

Executing: EnableEnterpriseGeodatabase "Database Connections\Sde@XE on L05945.sde" C:\Users\904292\Downloads\ArcGISServerEnterpriseAdvanced.ecp
Start Time: Thu Dec 22 14:29:39 2011
Validated authorization file.
User has required privileges for geodatabase setup.
XML support is enabled for the database instance.
Connected RDBMS instance is not setup for Esri spatial type configuration. [ (Unable to determine current version of ST_SHAPELIB. The latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries need to be copied to the correct software location. Refer to the ArcGIS help topics for more details.
)]
Could not create  geodatabase tables and stored procedures. [The version of your database server is not supported. ( Error:
)]
See the setup log in the following location for additional error information:
C:\Users\904292\AppData\Local\Temp\sde_setup.log
Failed to execute (EnableEnterpriseGeodatabase).
Failed at Thu Dec 22 14:29:40 2011 (Elapsed Time: 1,00 seconds)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Hi Marc,

Were you using a 32-bit Oracle XE 11g database? Or was it 64 bit?

-Kim
0 Kudos
MarcHoogerwerf
Frequent Contributor
Hi Marc,

Were you using a 32-bit Oracle XE 11g database? Or was it 64 bit?

-Kim

Hi Kim,

I'm only aware of a 32 bit version of Oracle XE 11g R2. To my knowledge, there's no 64 bit version.

Marc
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
That is likely the problem, then.  At 10.1, only 64-bit databases are supported.

http://resourcesbeta.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.1/index.html#/Oracle_Database_Require...
0 Kudos