Public Web App Builder Application that I still want Users to Authenticate

10-13-2020 01:14 PM
MelissaBrennan
New Contributor

Please forgive me if this question seems mal constructed, I'm still wrapping my head around how to make this happen.  I have created a web application through the developers edition of web app builder, it is registered and I have an application id.

The purpose of my application is to allow users to edit and access  a feature layer that I have hosted on ArcGIS online and have set to public. I still want to keep track of who is making these edits and would like to use Named User Login (Oauth 2.0) but allow ANYONE to access the application.

This application is utilizing custom widgets.  I am fully aware that these can not be run through arcgis online. This site will eventually be hosted on its own server but for now its in local development.   I have set all of my feature layers and web maps in arcgis online that this application accesses to public.   I have modified the HTML file so that it utilizes the OAuth2.0 scripting for the API 3.33 (used for 2d Apps). I followed a tutorial and was able to get the Oauth screen to pop up.  I can log in with my organizational login (account owner)  and everything works perfectly.  But if I try to use another account (organizational or not) I get this error:

Can someone point me in the right direction of where to go from here?

0 Kudos
0 Replies