ArcMap Dashed Line export Problem

04-11-2020 02:50 PM
QaisarNadeem1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using Rail Line symbol and Bicycles paths as Dashed lines. in ArcMap both symbols appear fine but when I export they become solid, however Legend is Correct. I am using Cartographic Lines.

I read a work aorund but it didnt work in my case. I tested in ArcMap 10.2.1 and 10.6.1 same results.

any patch ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

If these rail and bicycle path lines are in one and the same layer, you likely need to set the Symbol Levels to get the data to display and export right. I recognize the issues you describe, but setting Symbol Levels has always proven the reliable way out of these issues.

Note though, that web services do not support this properly, so if your ultimate goal is to create web services, you may need to choose different types of symbology, or separate the classes in their own layer.

Also, using symbol levels adds extra drawing cycles to ArcGIS, meaning display times will suffer. Usually not an issue if your main goal is to export to high quality cartographic PDF output, but it may be an issue in other cases.

QaisarNadeem1
New Contributor II

Thanks Marco, I am already having different feature classes, I ll try Symbol Levels and will update. However it works fine in ArcGIS Pro

0 Kudos