How do I create a Cascade Attributes rule from attribute assistant in Attribute Rules using Arcade?

07-18-2019 06:39 AM
AllysonReynolds2
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am trying to move a bunch of Attribute Assistant rules to ArcPro's Attribute Rules, but I'm very new to Arcade. In particular, I am interested in the Cascade Attributes AA method. My example is using the MasterStreetName table to maintain road names in the RoadCenterlines and SiteAddressPoints feature classes.  How would I write this functionality in Arcade as a calculation Attribute Rule?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Allyson,

I am investigating updating our Address Data Management solution to ArcGIS Pro leveraging Attribute Rules right now and this behavior is one of the capabilities I am looking into.With the new attribute rule dictionary keywords and ability to add and update records in other layers in response to an edit event gets us a lot closer to accomplishing this. The issue I haven't figured out how to get around is by the time i get the update event in the Master Street Name table the street name has already been changed. I don't know what the street name was before the edit. If I could see the name before the edit I could search for all the matching centerlines and site address points and then update them to the new name. Will continue to work on this and let you know if I make any other progress on this.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geodatabases/overview/attribute-rule-dictionary-keywords...

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Allyson,

We are releasing an update to the Address Data Management solution for ArcGIS Pro in January. Included in the solution is an attribute rule that replicates this cascading attributes rule to allow you to update the roads and site addresses when the name of the road is updated in the master street name table. Will be showing this functionality in the our ArcGIS Solutions for Government meetup if you want to get an early look.

A Sneak Peek of the new Addressing Maps and Apps | Meetup 

0 Kudos