AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Online web maps and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS applications do not challenge for Windows authentication on iOS devices?

Question asked by artiemcdonough on Jan 30, 2019

In ArcGIS online I am using a secured service from our ArcGIS Server (10.4.1) within a simple web map. This web map is being used in a simple app created by web app builder. When view this app on an iphone or ipad, a challenge window will not appear and therefore I cannot pass credentials to get the map to load. 

In Android:

Challenge window appears and I can pass my credentials successfully through to view the application and all its content.

In iOS:

IF the service is secured no browsers will allow for authentication from the server and the layers will not load. IF the service is unsecured the application loads fine. I was told the below bug is related to this issue. Has there anything been done about this. Is there another way to view secured services within iOS?

Defect ID: BUG-000095629

Synopsis: ArcGIS Online web maps and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS applications do not challenge for Windows authentication on iOS devices when referencing ArcGIS for Server web-tier secured services with NT LAN Manager (NTLM) authentication.

Outcomes