Error 24041 Layer does not have a feature template set... ??

12-05-2018 12:49 PM
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

How do I create a feature template? I get this error trying to Share an Esri practice file to GIS Online. It says to right-click the map or layer, and then click Create all templates... I do not see the option to Create all Templates... ???

To batch create all templates for a map or a layer, right-click the map or layer, and click Create all templates New Templates For Layer.

1. Open the Manage Templates pane using one of the following methods:
    • On the Edit tab, in the lower right corner of the Features group, click the Manage Templates dialog box launcher Launcher.
    • In the Create Features pane, click Manage Templates Manage Templates.

The Manage Templates pane appears.

2. In the pane, expand the map Map View and click the layer.

Feature templates defined for the layer appear in the templates box.

3. Right-click the map or layer, and click Create all templates New Templates For Layer on the context menu.

All feature templates for the map or layer are automatically generated and named to match the layer name or a unique symbol value.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

I am also facing same issue

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You're in the Manage Templates pane and you right-click the map and don't see the 'Create all templates' option?

Also not that this is not an error, it is a warning.  Meaning that it will not prevent you from publishing.  

0 Kudos
SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Thanks but we are not able to create Sub network, I thought this may be issue. We have published feature service but could not able to add into when we are updating Sub network, please guide us if anyone knows how to resolve this issue or let us know is this compulsory step in UN model for Water.

0 Kudos