Creating an Index Based on Grid

11-26-2018 02:00 PM
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

Hello, is it possible in ArcGIS Pro to create an index of line features that exist within the confines of a grid section? I need the index to list the names of the features based upon their location in the grid. 

For example:

A1: Feature 1,2,3 

A2: Features 2,3,4 

etc.

I assume that this could be achieved by have the grid being a polygon and then having Pro count the instances of the line being within the confines of the polygon and then exporting those counts into a table, but I can't figure it out and I'm not capable of a custom solution. 

I had talked to a colleague and they had said that it was function that could be recreated through 3rd party tools in a combination of ArcMap and ArcView. If those tools are still available, could anyone direct me towards them and I'll grab those, but I would prefer an ArcGIS Pro solution since the map is already created there.

Tags (1)
1 Reply
JacobTaylor3
New Contributor III

This was solved by creating a fishnet grid using the geoprocessing tool and then running an intersect feature tool. I ran a few other tools to clean up the duplicate features that were created and then made the index in Excel.