Nested Repeats - Retrieval from Inbox

10-24-2018 06:46 PM
RoryBennison
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I have a repeat question in a qc plot survey.  For some reason when i open the survey from the inbox, outbox or draft folders the data from the first question is always lost.

I have been testing this with the bare minimum questions and it still seems to be a problem.  Being able to access the original data for updating is a key requirement and the repeat question is a tidy way of capturing this information

Is this part of the bug mentioned in previous posts or am I not constructing  the query correctly in the bind::esri:parameters column?

I have attached a copy of the survey.

We are using Survey 123 connect Version 3.0.142 and app version 3.0.149, i have tested this on ios, android and survey 123 for desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Rory

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rory,

thanks for taking the time to create a test survey and reporting this.  This is in fact a BUG in version 3.0 and it is planned to be fixed in 3.1 (planned to be made available in the first half of November). We apologize for the inconvenience.

For clarity, the issue is that the first entry in a repeat using repeat_count will show blank when open from the Inbox or Outbox. There is really no data loss, but the record shows blank and that is not correct and gives the feeling that data is being lost.

As a temporary workaround, this behavior can be eliminated by removing the values you have in the repeat_count column.

This issue has been resolved in our latest builds, which are available in the Survey123 Early Adopter Program. If you would like to confirm the fix using your real survey please feel free to join the Early Adopter Program for Survey123 and give the Beta build a go.  

The 3.1 release is planned to be made available in the first half of November, pending certification testing.

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Hello - I have downloaded the latest version and it appears to be having the same issue. Do you know if the issue was resolved in 3.1?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
RoryBennison
New Contributor III

Hi Claire, 

We are finding that with version 3.1.158 the nested repeats are working now, all data is there when it is retrieved from the outbox.  This also applies to the latest desktop version.

Cheers

Rory

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

HI Rory,

The issue was in the inbox. In windows 10 or in ios i am unable to see my answers within any of the repeats. 

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
RoryBennison
New Contributor III

Sorry in my reply I should have said "Inbox" that functionality is working now.  I can download surveys our field workers have completed to my survey 123 and all data is there. Hopefully it works out for you.  what i found is you have to have the the bind::esri:parameters column set to 

query=1=1   allowUpdates=True

on the begin repeat row otherwise it wont pull the data 

cheers

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Rory,

Thanks. I dont have that column, I downloaded a new survey and i see that column now. I will see what I can do and if it works. 

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Rory,

I got it to work! Thank you for the note about 

bind::esri:parameters column set to 

query=1=1   allowUpdates=True

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos