Our completed surveys are not sending. They stay in outbox with red exclamation and no errors.

02-27-2018 01:07 PM
HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

I have tried following the steps to log errors to a console but when I click on Diagnostics in Survey123 connect setting window, it just spins forever "Searching for AppStudio consoles"...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Heather,

If you tap/click on one of the failed submission, do you get a specific error message?

If you simple click the switch in diagnostics, it will start recording information to a text file- doing that with the Survey13 app will provide information on what has failed.

0 Kudos
HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

Nothing happens when I tap/click on one of the failed submissions. I switched diagnostics to on but am not sure how to retrieve the log file from the iPad?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Heather, to remove the log files (as well as migrate the surveys to a PC to attempt to resolve submission issues if they are device specific), please follow the 'recover data from a  mobile device' instructions at Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  The log will be in the ArcGIS/AppStudio/logs directory.

James

0 Kudos
HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

I figured it out! I loaded Survey123 for ArcGIS onto my computer and then downloaded the survey, turned on log diagnostics, collected a point. Then read last line of log and it said "Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Metadata'...column does not allow nulls". Thus, I put the field 'MetaData' back into the survey and added a default value.

But what I find curious, is this field which is in my existing feature service was built with:

"Allow NULL values = No" and Default Value = "http:....".

When I edit the feature service layer in AGOL (or ArcMap), the field gets automatically populated thus, I assumed it would automatically get populated in the survey app.

Thanks for all of your help,

Heather

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Heather,

Glad you were able to figure it out.  From your description, it sounds like default values are not being applied to a field via the Feature Service API, correct?

0 Kudos
HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

Yes, you are correct. When I initially created the survey from an existing feature service the Metadata field in the survey form was not auto populated with the default value.

0 Kudos