Return licence without access to license manager

Jump to solution
07-03-2017 10:34 AM
MathieuVillemont
New Contributor II

Hi,

I need a license that has been borrowed by another user. This user's machine is currently not available. How can I force his license to be returned ?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If the machine is no longer available at all, there is now an option on my.esri.com that will allow you to recover a license.  I have not tried it yet (but do have a license I need to recover).

https://my.esri.com/#/license-return 

Recovering lost licenses is a process to retrieve licenses from a machine that is no longer accessible due to system failure, system loss or destruction. The License Recovery process requires the signature of the organization’s License Administrator in a Certificate of Destruction. This process is irreversible and should only be used as the absolute last option when all other solutions to rectify the problem have failed.

Instructions on how to perform the standard license deauthorization:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Nothing I know of.

Either they should be connected for returning the license, or you need to wait till the borrow period is over. Once the borrow period expires, the license(s) will be back to the license manager.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If the machine is no longer available at all, there is now an option on my.esri.com that will allow you to recover a license.  I have not tried it yet (but do have a license I need to recover).

https://my.esri.com/#/license-return 

Recovering lost licenses is a process to retrieve licenses from a machine that is no longer accessible due to system failure, system loss or destruction. The License Recovery process requires the signature of the organization’s License Administrator in a Certificate of Destruction. This process is irreversible and should only be used as the absolute last option when all other solutions to rectify the problem have failed.

Instructions on how to perform the standard license deauthorization:

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yup... You can contact local Esri Tech Support to reset the desired license. They would ask you to give an undertaking in Certificate of Destruction, as mentioned by rastrauch‌.

I remember doing that when I was a part of Esri's distributor.

Think Location
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Rebecca, tried already.

Works and I loved it!

5 minutes (even less) and you get back your licence doing everything on your own.