AnsweredAssumed Answered

Statistics from Raster grids to Polyline shape file

Question asked by pawanthapa on Jun 16, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 by Dan_Patterson

Dear GIS experts,

I would be very thankful to receive your help/support/suggestion for solving my following problem. I'm using ArcGIS 10.1  with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst(no ArcInfo license) and Arcview 3x (still for many plusses).

First, I have a river network - a shape file with about 53,000 polylines for each tributaries and main river stretches over a big region. Hence at confluence point/vertex it is the end point of many poly lines upstream and starting point for one polyline downstream.

Then, I have two raster files- i) The 30m X 30m River netwok cells (actually the same shape file in grid) with each cell having the elevation value. ii) The 30m X 30m River netwok cells (actually the same shape file in grid) with each cell having the flow value.

Now what I need is -- for each polyline (river tributary) -- the product of the flow (at mid-point of the line) and elevation-difference (difference of elevation between starting and end point of the line).  

I hope that I could make this my simple problem quite clear. What would be your suggestion to solve this?

Thanking you a lot!!

Outcomes