Enhanced Search Widget - Find points within selection

Jump to solution
07-13-2016 11:34 PM
NatalieScott4
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently deploying the Enhanced Search widget in a developer version of Web App Builder and am having some trouble getting the functionality I need.

I have a layer of polygons (area boundaries) and a set of points (crash locations). I need users to select all the crashes that occur in a specific area polygon. Currently I can select the polygon (select by value), and I can select crashes that occur in a hand-drawn extent (select by shape), but I can't combine the two to say 'select the crashes that are inside the selected polygon'.

Looking at the help doc here​ I can see that it should be possible. The symbol outlined in red should be coming up.. but it's not. Yes, in the 'Edit Graphical Search Options' link I have checked the 'eLocate Widget Graphics' checkbox.

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious... any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of both WAB and the eSearch widget.

Many thanks,

Natalie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Natalie,

The workflow you would use is to select the polygon area "by value" and then click the "by Spatial" tab and choose your crashes layer from the dropdown there, and then the "entirely contained in" or "intersected by" buttons.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Natalie,

The workflow you would use is to select the polygon area "by value" and then click the "by Spatial" tab and choose your crashes layer from the dropdown there, and then the "entirely contained in" or "intersected by" buttons.

NatalieScott4
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert, I knew the functionality would be there somewhere. I appreciate your widgets, they make life much easier!

0 Kudos
smevans88
New Contributor II

Robert,

We have created a gp tool(Python) to select features from multiple layers, export to individual CSV files, then combine them as separate worksheets in an Excel workbook. Works great locally, then after publishing, and bringing into WAB for Poral, it errors out due to limitations of the WAB Portal environment.

Is this a functionality that can be used in your Enhanced Search widget?

Scott

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@smevans88  Scott your exact workflow is not supported in the eSearch widget. You can select multiple layers and export results as csv, but that is the extent of it.

0 Kudos
smevans88
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert. We are now exploring some other options. I will keep you posted on any progress.

Thanks

0 Kudos