Stack Profile Terrain Level

01-28-2016 07:42 AM
BrianGacke
New Contributor II

Is there a way to force the Stack Profile tool to use the full resolution of a terrain? Any time I run the tool it seems to use the overview level.

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is no documentation that I can find that indicates what will be used for that tool

Stack Profile—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
BrianGacke
New Contributor II

That's the problem, it's not explained anywhere. I've been converting terrains to tins before running the tool because the overview level of a terrain is too simplified for what I am doing. It would be nice to eliminate that step.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well... you could be one of the first to suggest an idea on the new arcgis ideas site when it comes  live... ArcGIS Ideas coming to GeoNet skipping the step might be a good idea.

0 Kudos
AlisonFischer1
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue.  Do you know if there has been any resolution?

I have tried zooming in to the terrain data in ArcMap to make sure the the windows size is showing as zero in the TOC. The properties of the terrain have also been set to a window size of zero.

To add to the problem: when running the Stack Profile tool from ArcCatalog, I can't select Terrains as a data type to use for the reference surface.

I already had a request for improvements logged for this tool, and would have added this issue to that list of suggestions:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/14339 

0 Kudos