Alter Field is not changing the alias name.

Jump to solution
12-16-2015 03:12 AM
MarcusSilva1
New Contributor II

Example, Original field/alias - STATUS/STATUS. Want to change to: STATUS/Status. The case diference in the alias name is not "seem" by AlterField, so it won't change the alias name.

Has anyone faced this situation already? Any ideas? I was using arcobjects to perfom this task but with this new resource at 10.2.1 I thought I replace the previous approach.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus Silva

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeSturtevant
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the same issue with the field alias not changing case. I think the only way around this is to change the alias name to something different like STATUS/tempName then back to STATUS\Status.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LukeSturtevant
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the same issue with the field alias not changing case. I think the only way around this is to change the alias name to something different like STATUS/tempName then back to STATUS\Status.

MarcusSilva1
New Contributor II

Thanks Luke,

great idea! I'll try it right away.

Regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Marcus, remember to mark Luke's response as correct if it works for you.  I would have suggested the same type of solution....fieldnames/aliases may be case sensitive in some settings, but when naming/renaming it doesn't seem to ever see a difference.