Exporting feature layer option unavailable

11-03-2015 07:25 AM
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor

I have an AGOL hosted feature layer that I own and share with others. I want to allow them to download this feature layer as a file geodatabase to their desktop. I've shared the feature layer with the appropriate groups and in the details of the feature layer I have "Allowed others to export to different formats". However, when I sign in as another user who is a member of the appropriate group, the option to export the feature layer does not exist.

Here are the details of the feature layer when I am signed in as the owner of the layer:

And here are the details of the feature layer when I am signed in as a user who is a member of the LAKE_Restoration group:

Why is there no option to export?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Look at the "Open" button....is there a download feature option there?

0 Kudos
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor

Under the Open button, I have the option to open the data in ArcGIS for Desktop. I'm aware that I can create a local copy for editing and get the data that way, but it renames the feature classes with the layer number (?) at the end. Download option only shows up under the Open button after you export the data to a file geodatabase (which I'm unable to do but literature suggests it should be possible Manage hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

I need to be able to download the data to QA/QC it in desktop since it's easier for the users, back it up, and then push it back to the server. I could have them open the data in ArcGIS for Desktop, create a local copy, QA/QC the data, and sync it with the feature service. But when I want to back up the data, I have to rename the feature classes and the name of the geodatabase itself since it downloads as a long string.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Kerry,

I have experienced the same issue a few times with no rhyme or reason...try using Chrome in Incognito mode.  This has proven to be successful in the past...funny thing is the problem does not persist as I have come back to an item that was previously a problem and the Export option is available again.

Kyle

0 Kudos
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kyle, unfortunately I don't have incognito mode at the office.

0 Kudos