ArcObjects Developer Help

11-09-2010 03:42 PM
GordonHunter
New Contributor
Where do I find the application and how do I start it.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
It is not an application as such.  They are a series of help files that can be viewed.  For example if you have visual studio and have installed the ArcGIS .net developer kit, you will have an entry in your start menu under ArcGIS.  This entry points to the microsoft dexplore with the location of the files.  If you install a different developer kit you will get something different.  If you install no developer kit, you will get no developer help.
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Alexander: Any idea how I can get F1 help support for ArcObjects in Visual Studio 2008 Express? I posted this as a thread a few days ago but did not get an answer. The ArcObjects SDE is installed and I can build, debug and compile Esri Addins with no issues. In VB6 this was possible. In VS Express F1 launches the help screen and the ESRI package is listed but it does not display the help pertaining to the particular ArcObject method or property.  Any ideas how I can do this?
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Not sure, I have never used VS Express.  To be honest I have never gotten the F1 help with ArcObjects to work consistently and if it did I found it to be very slow so I gave up on it.  For the most part I just use the index, it's just what I am used to.
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Not sure, I have never used VS Express.  To be honest I have never gotten the F1 help with ArcObjects to work consistently and if it did I found it to be very slow so I gave up on it.  For the most part I just use the index, it's just what I am used to.

Found the solution to the F1 issue. The answer is posted here: http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/3319/how-do-i-install-arcgis-developer-help-in-visual-studio-...
0 Kudos