ArcGIS Server Manager is showing "Map Services" Only

Jump to solution
08-18-2014 05:05 AM
HabG_
by
Occasional Contributor

I have published several MXDs as "Map Services" and "Feature Services". But ArcGIS Server manager (version 10.2.2) is showing only the Map Services not the feature services. From my Server connections in ArcCatalog, Admin and Publisher are showing the same but the User is showing both Map Service and Feature Services. Is there any way that the Feature Services are displayed in the ArcGIS Server manager services list?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Hab,

I believe the answer to your question is "No."

Technically speaking, a "Feature Service" is not a separate service type but rather an optional "capability" that can be enabled on a Map Service.

When it comes to consuming the Feature Service (i.e. as  User), it makes sense to explicitly list it; for administration purposes, any enabled Feature Service falls under the umbrella of the parent Map Service.  The downside, of course, is that an Admin or Publisher user has no immediate visual indication of which Map Services are also Feature Services.

This could be a good improvement recommendation for Esri. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Hab,

I believe the answer to your question is "No."

Technically speaking, a "Feature Service" is not a separate service type but rather an optional "capability" that can be enabled on a Map Service.

When it comes to consuming the Feature Service (i.e. as  User), it makes sense to explicitly list it; for administration purposes, any enabled Feature Service falls under the umbrella of the parent Map Service.  The downside, of course, is that an Admin or Publisher user has no immediate visual indication of which Map Services are also Feature Services.

This could be a good improvement recommendation for Esri. 

HabG_
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Erin,

Your answer was very helpful.

0 Kudos