Multiple Search by attributes dialog

08-08-2014 07:28 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I would really like to see a method where you can search multiple feature classes.

Example:  I have a number of Geocoded service point locations that contain a link to billing data.

I have a number of service point locations that have no link to billing data.

The only common factor in both is they have an attribute for Transformer number.  Well assigning the LINK is easy where there is a 1 to 1.  But anyone who works in Electric Utilities can tell you that often multiple services work off a single transformer.

What I do now is query transformers for the number.  Then copy the query dialog and switch the Select by Attributes to the other feature and paste the dialog in and search again.  Resulting in all features in both classes.

Ideally I would like to see a Search by Attributes dialog where I can enter my search string and then have it find all features with that string.

YES we can do this with the FIND dialog.  But the FIND does not automatically select the features so I can simply hit the zoom to button.  One has to manually select them all, right click and select.  And the find looks in all feature classes. Or one, or visible or selectable etc.

0 Kudos
0 Replies