Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I make schematic diagram has the same symbol with Routes from Network Dataset

05-01-2013 10:37 PM
ThaoTruong
New Contributor III
Hi everyone,

I've created schematic diagram for bus network include 3 routes. The routes created from SOLVE of network dataset. Schematic diagram has layout task Geo - Partial Overlapping Links, and bus stops. The diagram has the same symbol for Stops but not the Routes [ATTACH=CONFIG]23923[/ATTACH]. How can I set the diagram have exactly, automatically the same symbol for Routes when it created?

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
If you are on the 10.x platform, then just open a diagram in ArcMap and use the core symbology and labeling settings on the individual schematic feature layers.  Once you are done with that, right-click the diagram layer in the TOC and choose Save as Layer file.  Now, you can edit your schematic dataset again, right click on the diagram template and choose the Import Symbology option.  Point this to the layer file you just saved off.  Save your dataset and you are done.  Now anytime someone opens or generates a diagram using this template, it will re-use the symbology and labeling settings that were in that layer file.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/By_using_the_Import_Default_Symbology_comm...
0 Kudos
ThaoTruong
New Contributor III
Thank you very much for your reply Rick.

I'm on version 10.0. The problem is I don't have any diagram yet. My work around is joining Diagram back with Routes based on Route_ID and import back the symbology from the Routes.

Cheers.
0 Kudos