Using the Summary Widget with a selection

03-17-2016 05:10 AM
KevinMckenna
New Contributor II

The Summary widget is great for getting a quick summary of numeric fields for all features in the current map display. Or, you can specify a field in your feature layer to filter on and return a summary for individual features. But, does anyone know how to return a summary on a group of selected features within the current map display? I have a series of survey polygons (all in the same feature layer) in my map and I would like to be able to select a group of discrete surveys and return summary statistics on just those surveys. This may require a custom version of the Summary Widget and I was wondering if anyone was working on such a custom widget?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
KevinMckenna
New Contributor II

Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ Could the output from your Enhanced Search Widget be used as the input to this widget, Robert?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

Unfortunately not, because of this note in the widgets help:

Currently, the Summary widget requires feature layers from feature services and does not support feature layers from map services.
EmilyLaMunyon
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am also working on an application in which the user wants to chose certain/multiple features to summarize, not defined only by map area or selecting one item from the filter, which is how it currently works. Does anyone know if this is available or of a way to do something like this in Web AppBuilder?

Thanks!

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone found this yet?  Seems simple enough and SOP in ArcMap.