Problems Running Web AppBuilder 1.1

03-24-2015 04:09 AM
NEvatt
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with Web AppBuilder 1.1.  I am able to download, run the node server, login via my portal with the secret api key just fine. 

The problem that I have is when I try to create a new app.  After entering in a title and description, the loading symbol stays up and no further progress occurs.  There are no errors on the development console.  The node server only reports that it is trying to "at process._tickCallback <node.js:415:13>".  This is after all of the widgets seem to have been copied correctly.

I have tried in Chrome and IE11, restarted the server a couple of times and the problems always seem to occur at the same location.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nat

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nat,

I have not had any issue with 1.1. I actually run 1.1 and 1.0 on the same development laptop without issue (not simultaneously of course). Here are the steps I used to get 1.1 going

1. Created a new folder on my machine for 1.1 called web-appbuilder1.1. I put this on the root of my C drive.
  2. I unzip the 1.1 download to that folder. I choose to unzip the contents of the arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.1 folder and not have the arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.1 unzipped to my web-appbuilder1.1 folder created in step 1.
  3. Run startup.bat
  4. Provide appid from my org account I use the same appid as I used for 1.0

I don't know if there is anything in my steps that will help or not.

NEvatt
by
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick response.  I had a go with the folder in the root of the C drive, just to see if that made any difference, but same results.  There appear to be other applications that have errors that associate with process_tickCallback (node.js:415:13) which can be seen via stackOverflow.  But I have not spent enough time with node.js to know the best way of debugging this issue.

-Nat

0 Kudos
NEvatt
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I wanted to give an update to this query.  I have now tried to run WAB 1.1 on 4 different machines, two browsers on each and referencing both our portal install and ArcGIS Online.  in all cases, the node server gets stuck at the same point seen below. 

WAB_1_1_Error.png

Potentially this has something to do with my companies' firewall, but I am not sure. 

Unfortunately, ESRI UK refuses to answer any "Web AppBuilder for developer" questions without paying extra for the privilege.   So, I am kind of stuck. 

Thanks,

Nat

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nat,

have you checked to make sure the machines you are using are (still) registered with the AGOL app as​ talked about in Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder - Developer Edition Installed    Have no clue if it will make a difference, but worth verifying ....I haven't had a chance to install 1.1 yet myself....hopefully this weekend. 

NEvatt
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Thanks to Rebecca and Robert for their responses.  However, I am still having the same problems when I try to "Create a new app".

To be honest, I am only looking for the new functionality of the layerlist widget (see previous post) and only need a basic web application to play around with.  

Would anyone that has gotten WAB 1.1 working be kind enough to create a very basic map application with out of the box widgets (layerlist, legend etc), download it and post it somewhere for me to download? 

This would be extremely helpful as I am starting to run pretty tight on a WAB deadline. 

Thanks,

Nat

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nat,

Sorry you are having such a hard time with this. I have done as requested and the file is attached. I would suggest calling tech support about your issues running WAB 1.1

NEvatt
by
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thanks so much.  That is exactly what I needed and the new layerlist does indeed work as expected (thank goodness for that)

As far as contacting tech support, ESRI UK (ESRI UK Technical Support​) refuses to touch WAB developer without "developer credits",which as you can guess is extremely frustrating. 

Thanks again!

Nat

0 Kudos