Issues with WebApp Builder

Jump to solution
07-28-2014 12:46 PM
KeriLu
by
New Contributor

I am really excited about the WebApp Builder, however I have a few issues with it.

1) I have to run the startup batch file everyday in order to access webapp builder to create and edit webapps. This is usually a problem after I shutdown my computer.

2) The query widget does not work for me at all

3) The print widget works sometimes. Sometimes it just doesn't work esp for landscape layout

4) I attended the ESRI UC 2014 technical sessions on WebApp Builder but I am still unclear about custom widgets or where to find resources.

We are in the process of migrating from Flex to Webapp and the ability to edit features is paramount to making this transition.

I would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Keri,

1. Running the startup.bat after you restart your computer is required to start NodeJS on your computer.
  2. Can you provide more info here?
  3. Not real sure what to tell you here. Do you have any more specifics?
  4. I hope that this group will be a resource for custom widgets

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Keri,

1. Running the startup.bat after you restart your computer is required to start NodeJS on your computer.
  2. Can you provide more info here?
  3. Not real sure what to tell you here. Do you have any more specifics?
  4. I hope that this group will be a resource for custom widgets
0 Kudos
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Robert,

I am having the same issue, have to go to the folder and open the start up batch file,, every time to access the builder to edit or work on an application.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Saloni,

This is not an issue it is the prescribed workflow if you shut down JSNodes Command Window then you will always have to run the bat to restart JSnode which is what WAB runs on. If you still have this icon JSNode.jpg

on your taskbar then all you need to do is type this in your webbrowsers addressbar http://localhost:3344/webappbuilder

0 Kudos
JssrRR
by

Robert,

Thanks, will follow these instructions next time I am starting the Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Saloni,

In this new community "GeoNet". If you find someones reply is helpful than you can mark it as helpful by clicking on the "Actions" menu link on the reply and choosing "Mark as Helpful".

0 Kudos
JssrRR
by

Robert,

Sure, I wouldn't mind doing that but I don't have that option when I click on "Actions" menu link, on your reply.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Saloni,

OK you have to be logged in and the Original Poster, it was more of a FYI.

0 Kudos