How do I use map tips within web app builder?

05-20-2015 10:50 AM
BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know how I use map tips within web app builder?  I see the option within the properties of the layer and we've been using them a lot in our ArcReader maps.  The pop-ups works well but for some quick information I'd like to explore using the map tips.  I see Robert Scheitlin​ has a flex app that uses them but I'm not sure how to get started.  Any information would be great.

And here is the link to the flex example http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ce63f1bdd5e64068b9a4fadd2028e379 

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BrandonKeinath1

Thanks Larry,

Am I understanding you correctly that all of the code you posted above goes into the config file for the headless widget?

Brandon

0 Kudos
LarryStout

Brandon,

The first part (7 lines) is all that goes into the config file.  The rest goes into the widget.  If you like, I could put the map tips together in the Anvil Widget I posted and you could download it.  I can help as little or as much as you need.

Larry

BrandonKeinath1

Hi Larry,

I think it would be helpful to see it inside of the anvil widget.  That way I can compare your original code to how you put it into the files.  Thanks for the help!

Brandon

0 Kudos
LarryStout

Brandon,

I added a bit of code to make it stand alone.  You will find it here.

Larry