Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing related records in the WAB Edit Widget

07-13-2015 06:10 AM
TimDine
Frequent Contributor

This seems to be a function often missing from first releases of templates.  Has anyone started to tackle this issue and make something?  It'd be great if this edit widget were able to function the same as the flex widget.  There appears to be lots of resistance to new flex viewer deployments, but if you want to do this thing (editing related) there isn't a great alternative. 

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm not sure if this will help, but

Version 1.2 of the Web AppBuilder developer's edition is now available for download

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

So far, edit widget does not support editing related records, but I have recorded this feature to WAB new features list, after further evaluate by the PE of WAB, maybe can support it in the next release. Thank you Tim for the nice feedback.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tim,

FYI, the Edit widget now supports editing related records with the latest ArcGIS Online update. Please see the blog,

What’s New in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (September 2016) | ArcGIS Blog 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
TimDine
Frequent Contributor

That does help.  Without knowing when it would arrive (or if for ArcGIS Mobile) we'd pressed on and had something working with the hope an out of the box supported solution would eventually arrive.  I see some answers to questions about multi level relationships are already in the comments too.

Excellent, Thanks for the heads up!

0 Kudos