EB Custom Widgets?

Jump to solution
07-15-2020 08:10 AM
Labels (1)
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking for a similar page to this, an Experience Builder Custom Widgets. Does it exist? I am aware of the EB geonet page. 

THanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nope one does not exist yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nope one does not exist yet.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

The more I watch about EB the more I get discouraged. EB was created to make easier to build mobile apps. However, it is not nearly as easy to create custom apps like WAB and provide the same functionalites. Yes, EB looks very visually pleasing and it has the wow factor. However, with WAB is lot easier to build custom widgets to perform search to view the results on the map and on a table. How hard is for the ESRI to modify the core files of the WAB to point to the JS API 4.x? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That making WAB 2D use the 3.x API would basically be a near complete rewrite. They will not invest in that. EB is the new product but it is in it's infancy just like WAB as years ago. Best advice is, be patient.

0 Kudos
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

ExB is just 1 year old, and personally I'm pretty impressed how much you can do with it for such a young product.

It does have a learning curve but it's not that bad for a drag-and-drop experience.. Also, I wouldn't say it's meant to build mobile apps - you have AppStudio for that.

ExB allows you to better customize the layout of mobile and once you understand the "best practices", I was pretty surprised to see how good it works.

If you're referring to the coding aspect of it, then yes, it's definitely harder, but learning a new technology is rarely a easy/smooth thing to do.

The new javascript API (v4) is already using a similar tech stack of react, es6 and I find it to be equally hard.

Shay
0 Kudos