Draw and eSearch widget graphics sharing

Jump to solution
12-15-2015 10:04 AM
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Is there any way I can add the graphics from the standard Draw widget to an array in the eSearch widget?  I'd like to be able to use the advanced drawing options in the Draw widget and use the graphics created to select or buffer in the eSearch widget.  Is this possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

There is not code in place to interact with the draw widgets graphics but you can look in the eSearch and see that I integrate my eLocate widgets graphics in by using a couple of functions the main one to look at is the _eLocateButtonOnClick function this will show you how to take and array of graphics and union then (as you need to have a single geometry to work with) to use in a search.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

There is not code in place to interact with the draw widgets graphics but you can look in the eSearch and see that I integrate my eLocate widgets graphics in by using a couple of functions the main one to look at is the _eLocateButtonOnClick function this will show you how to take and array of graphics and union then (as you need to have a single geometry to work with) to use in a search.

TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Robert,

That answers my question.

Thanks.

Tom

0 Kudos